There is so much to gain from an ATF event, and by taking some simple preparatory steps, you‘ll make the most of your time.
Here are some key ways to maximize the benefits
• Set clear business objectives – define what you are hoping to achieve from the event.
• Register online – avoid entrance queues and save money.
• Plan your visit – visit the website for a list of exhibitors, networking events and conference sessions, and check back regularly for the latest updates to make sure you know what’s on
• Priorities your visit – you may not be able to get to everything, so make a list of ‘must see’ and ‘may see’ products and companies.
• Check the event website for discounted accommodation rates.
• Print an event floorplan – note the companies you wish to visit (many ATF websites can do this automatically for you).
• Don’t forget to bring plenty of business cards with two languages (English/ the country language).
• Set up meetings in advance – avoid disappointment by taking advantage of online appointment setting systems to set up key meetings.
• Arrive early for free seminars – many are offered on a first come, first served basis.
• Add value to your visit by attending Continuing Education sessions.
• Wear comfortable shoes.
• Drink a lot of water.
After the show, catch up on any missed conference sessions by downloading the files from the event website.